Frequently Asked Questions
Read the most commonly asked questions about our services, campers or camping in Croatia generally? If you still can’t find the answer you’re after, please email us your question. We’ll be back to you in no time.
Make sure you visit our Getting started page, too.
For all possible fees, please refer to our terms and conditions.
We count the number of calendar days.
- More than 8 weeks before collection we refund 50% of the amount of money already paid
- 8 weeks – No Show 100% of total hire charge is nonrefundable
- Unfortunately, Croatia Camper cannot postpone or transfer money from one hire to another.
- All drivers must be present on collection of the motorhome
- Valid driving license
- Utility bill or bank statement to confirm your home address if it is different from your license address
- Collection times are between 2pm and 4pm
- Please allow 1 hour for the hand-over at the depot – to complete the documentation and demonstrate your vehicle to you
- Return times are between 9am and 11am
- A late fee is chargeable for all motorhomes returned after 11am
Pickup and dropoff points are discussed in our correspondence and we usually make them where it is most convenient to our clients. Usually, we deliver the camper at the airport on the city you arrive in and pick it up from you at the airport from where you are leaving.
We deliver the campers to location that is most convenient for you. It is usually airport but it can be any other location (ferry port, yacht marina, hotel, apartment, or any other location). For pickup or dropoff outside Croatia Camper depot we charge transfer cost in amount 0,70 EURO per kilometer. For example, pickup at Split Airport will be charged 14,00 EURO while taxi or Uber will cost you at least 35 EURO to reach our depot.
Yes. You will be shown how to use everything when you pick up the motorhome
You should sleep only in campgrounds because of the law and especially because of your own security. Parking lots and other locations may not be secure and you could be aware that someone could disturb you.
You are free to go outside Croatia with any of our campers. You will be provided with all necessary documentation and the insurance is valid same if you are in Croatia.
Pets are not allowed.
- We can insure drivers between 25 – 70 years of age who have held a full valid license for more than 5 years
- You can have up to 3 drivers per vehicle, your first driver is included in your rental cost, each additional driver costs 55,00 EURO
- You must have a manual transmission license to drive our motorhomes
- All drivers must be present to collect the motorhome
Yes, more than one person can drive the camper, however, each additional driver costs 55,00 EURO.
You are free to visit any country with our campers. However it is advisable to inform us about your planned schedule so we could quickly react in any unexpected situation. Also, when visiting any neighboring country we can provide some useful tips and advices.
We will be pleased to provide the best travel advice to you. We have many years of experience in camper rental and we certainly can provide the best tips and advices to make your holiday unforgettable.
Yes. GPS navigation,child seats and booster seats and child seats if needed are available for rent.
All of our motorhomes have manual transmission.
We have our mobile phone number on our website and we will answer any call immediately. Also if it is easier for you, you can email us and we will answer it right away. When we deliver the camper to you we will provide a mobile phone with a Croatian SIM card so you can call us with no roaming cost if you need any information.
There is a lots of storage space in the vehicles, depending of a model. Also, each camper is equipped with a bicycle rack if you want to rent bicycles.
All motorhomes are no more than 3-6 years old and are regularly serviced and well maintained.
No. Smoking in any of our motorhomes is strictly forbidden.
To rent a motorhome you must have driver’s license for a minimum of 5 years and at least 25 years of age.
We require a valid driver’s license (through the duration of the rent) and a valid passport.
- Full tank of diesel
- Full tank of LPG gas
- Refillable LPG gas system
- Full tank of fresh water
- Leisure battery
- Shower and toilet
- Gas hob
- Fire Extinguisher
- Gas powered heating and hot water system
- CD or USB stereo system
- Electric heater (winter only)
- Snow chains (winter only)
- European travel pack (first aid kit, bulb & fuse packs, beam benders)
- Warning triangle
- Fresh water filling hose
- Electric hook up cable
- Aqua chem toilet chemicals for the duration of your hire
- Dustpan and brush
There are two mobile phone numbers for your assistance available for you 24/7.
A bottle of gas, pots, pans, crockery and cutlery, awning, CD & radio, leveling ramps, water hose, electrical cable, toilet cassette sachets.
Our motorhome have the approximate fuel consumption of 9-12 liters per 100 kilometers (depending on the driving conditions and the model of motorhome).
All motorhomes are equipped with two batteries. One is used for starting the engine and driving and the other is used for internal appliances. The battery used for internal appliances will provide power for between 12-16 hours when fully charged.
The battery is charged when you drive the vehicle or when connected to electricity in a camping facility. To run on 12 Volt system, the 12 V switch must be turned on. Air conditioning runs only on mains power.
In order to drive without any concerns, we advise that you have a valid international driving licence so you can drive freely in Croatia as well as in any of our neighbors. In any case, you can ask us to check the validity of your driving licence in Croatia. Also, we will provide the basic driving regulations in Croatia.
You should check the oil and coolant level at every stop to prevent any accidents.
You should contact Croatia camper staff immediately.
All of our motorhomes run on Eurodiesel.
- Bookings can be made over the phone, email, fax or via our online booking system
- All we need to confirm a booking is a deposit of 50% of total booking cost
- The remaining balance will be due 6 weeks before collection of your motorhome
- If confirming a booking less than 6 weeks prior to collection the full amount is required
- 250 km per day
- Breakdown cover in Croatia
- Comprehensive insurance for 1 driver
- Free parking (1 car)
- Free luggage storage during your hire
- Free personalised vehicle familiarisation tour before you depart
- For a comprehensive list of what is included in your motorhome please see next section, ‘What does my motorhome come with’
We require a security deposit which is fully refundable if the vehicle is returned undamaged, with full tank of gas and empty toilette cassette.