Camper rental terms and conditions
Please read this agreement carefully. When you confirm the booking you accept the conditions set out in this rental agreement. If there is anything you do not understand or do not agree with, please contact us.
Last Revised: May 19, 2020
1. Booking confirmation, payment and security deposit
The vehicle can be rented by legal or natural persons; the driver must be at least 25 years old and must have a valid category B driving license and at least 5 years driving experience (this could be modified in some cases).
Only the individuals listed on the rental agreement are authorized to drive the vehicle. If a legal person rents the vehicle, then it is entitled to authorize, by means of internal travel order, another individual to use the vehicle provided this individual meets the requirements stipulated above.
The vehicle shall not be sub-leased.
An initial payment of 50% is required to confirm the booking. A binding contract for the hire will come into existence when Croatia Camper issues your booking acceptance.
By paying the booking deposit the Client/Renter acknowledges full awareness and acceptance of the rental terms.
The balance of your hire money is payable by bank transfer or credit card three weeks prior to the start date of your hire, or in cash at the vehicle pickup if you book less than three weeks from the start date of your hire.
A deposit of 2.500,00 Euro (further: security deposit or damage deposit) is required if it is paid by credit card at the vehicle pickup, to be held against any loss, damage to the motorhome (externally or internally) costs or insurance claims as described in these terms and conditions. If the security deposit is provided in cash, the amount is reduced to 1.500,00 EURO
However, the security deposit can be reduced to 1.500,00 EURO (1.000,00 EURO if it is provided in cash) if the client chooses to pay an additional 15 EURO/day insurance.
The security deposit covers the loss of Casco insurance bonus in the event of an accident caused by the Client/Renter.
In the event of any kind of outside damage to the vehicle (to the body of the vehicle and chassis or the awning), the damage deposit shall not be refunded until the vehicle is repaired and the insurance company does not issue a document stating the amount lost by the Lessor/Owner on account of loss of bonus until the return to the old bonus, as well as the fact that the insurance company did not receive any further claims from third persons regarding payment of damages that the Client/Renter caused.
The damage deposit will cover the diminished value of the vehicle due to the caused damage. If a damage on or inside the vehicle which was caused by the Client/Renter is not covered by Casco, the Lessor/Owner will calculate the cost of the damage immediately after the assessment of the situation and, if the cost of the damage is smaller than the damage deposit, he will refund the difference immediately.
If it is not possible to calculate the cost immediately, the Lessor/Owner is entitled to keep the full amount of the damage deposit until the vehicle is mended and return the difference at the final calculation.
By signing the agreement the Client/Renter acknowledges that he/she will cover a higher cost of the caused damage, higher than the damage deposit if the clutch breaks down during the rental due to his/her fault. The Lessor/Owner will not return the damage deposit until the vehicle is repaired and the report from the authorized service provider about the cause of the malfunction is received. If the report shows without a doubt that the clutch breaking down was entirely the fault of the Client/Renter, the Client/Renter is obliged to cover the full cost of the repair! If there are no deductions required from your deposit, it will be returned to you in full after checking the vehicle in the end of the hire period. The fees include: mandatory motor vehicle liability insurance, Casco insurance and travelers’ insurance, toilet chemicals, gas (1 bottle), full tank of fresh water, empty tank for waste water and clean toilet cassette, dishes, air conditioning in the cabin, CD and radio, 15m water hose, cable for electricity, adapter for electricity, shade for the motor home windscreen, levelers for the vehicle and, in some models, LCD TV and air conditioning 220V. The rental fees DO NOT include – fuel, highway tolls and other extra costs. Casco insurance does not cover damage up to 1% of the value of the new vehicle as well as damages to the tires, wheels and undercarriage of vehicles.
In the case of cancellation of the rental up to 60 days before the vehicle is taken over, we reserve 50% of the reservation payment.
In the case of cancellation of the rental 30-60 days prior to the takeover of the vehicle, we reserve 75% of the reservation payment and if the rent is canceled 15-29 days before the vehicle is taken over, we will keep 85% of the reservation payment.
If the rental is canceled up to 14 – 0 days before the vehicle is taken over, we will keep 100% of the reservation payment.
We in Croatia camper will do everything we can to rehire the vehicle in the same period. If we are able to do that, we will return the complete payment minus the bank fees needed for the return.
COVID-19 Outbreak Addendum
For the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic in the world, all of the reservations that need to be canceled will be offered a new period for the trip (will be re-scheduled).
Reservations that can be re-scheduled to a one-time mutually agreed period (if the vehicle is available in a replacement period) within 72 hours of the start of the lease, relate to:
- clients unable to travel to comply with disease control restrictions implemented by relevant governmental or health authorities
- clients unable to travel to perform medical or disease control duties in connection with the COVID-19 outbreak
- clients unable to travel as a result of flight or ground transportation cancellations initiated by an airline or ground transportation provider due to the COVID-19 outbreak
In the event of the above-noted circumstances:
- The re-scheduled rental shall take place within 12 months of the end date of the original rental period. Major holidays such as Christmas/New Year’s and Easter shall be excluded unless it is mutually agreed between the owner and client to apply the original rental fee to a higher rate and a minimum number of dates during the holiday period. Delivery fees may be applicable for the re-scheduled rental.
- The owner shall have no liability for any travel expenses of the client or his guests (ex. hotels, transportation ashore, flights, etc.) incurred by the client in such an event.
- Delivery fuel and transfer fees, if applicable, used to deliver the vehicle to the contracted starting location shall be at the cost of the client.
We follow all the news around COVID-19 closely so we can act appropriately to protect our clients and us. Croatian public health authorities acted quickly and successfully at first sight of threats in locating and caring for all potentially vulnerable and infected persons. That prevented the exponential spread of the virus in Croatia as well as a widespread infection.
Feel free to contact us at any time for any questions you might have, related or not to COVID-19.
3. Vehicle collection and delivery
The motorhome will be available on the day of collection from the agreed location at 16:00 and must be delivered back to the agreed location by 10:00 on the last day of hire. The parties can agree upon different pick up time. A delay of less than one hour is tolerated, for delays between 1 and 4 hours we calculate 50,00 EURO of the rental fee per day and for delays of over 4 hours the Client/Renter pays the fee for an extra day of rental. There are no refunds for motorhomes returned early. The pick-up and drop off of the vehicle outside the working hours, between 18:00 and 08:00 is possible at the request of the Client/Renter, but in that case we can calculate an extra fee of 50,00€. If the vehicle (motor home) is returned at night, the Damage Deposit will not be refunded until the vehicle is inspected and taken over at daylight. In that case, the client accepts all the findings of the owner regarding the state of the vehicle. The permission to extend the rental period must be requested by the Client/Renter at least 48 hours prior to the time agreed for returning the vehicle. The payment method of the fee for the prolonged rental will be chosen by an agreement of the owner and the client. If the Client/Renter does not return the vehicle at the agreed time and does not contact the Lessor/Owner, 2 hours after the time when the return was agreed the Lessor/Owner will consider that the Client/Renter has concealed the vehicle and will take appropriate action according to the provisions of Criminal Law, namely of the law enforcement procedures (temporary measures). A fault in the radio equipment, air conditioners, refrigerators, cruise control or water heaters are not considered failures for which the client may demand compensation for damages due to loss of time to repair them or to an impairment of comfort. Croatia camper will make all the efforts to repair any such fault. The owner delivers properly and technically neat car to the client, but equally, no one owner can warrant or guarantee that the vehicle will function flawlessly during the rental period, and accordingly, the client in advance waivers the right to any complaint or claim of material compensation in that case. The owner is only required to repay the client for unused days in cases where it is obvious that the client is not guilty of a technical problem. The Lessor/Owner rents the motor home in a clean and fully functional state, with fuel tank full, fresh water tank full, a full bottle of gas (1), toilet chemicals and tank for waste water empty and clean toilet cassette. The service of cleaning the rented vehicle is charged with 130,00€. The Client/Renter shall return the motor home to the Lessor/Owner in a fully functional state. The Client/Renter is not obliged to clean the motor home but is obligated to return it reasonably tidy and to empty the WC cassette and the waste water tank. If the interior of the vehicle (fridge, upholstery, cooking stove, WC) is dirty to such an extent that special and chemical cleaning is needed, this shall be charged to the Client/Renter as well. The Client/Renter is responsible and shall bear all damage of the vehicle and equipment that is not covered by the insurance. The vehicle is also considered damaged if the Client/Renter returns it with traces of abrasion (caused by trees, branches) and if the vehicle needs polishing. The cost per hour of labor is 80,00 EURO (VAT included) plus the supplies needed.
Please note that we can communicate in Croatian and english only and that the ability to understand our instructions when we deliver the camper to you is paramount.
Occasionally motorhomes are not available as agreed, which is always due to events beyond Croatia Campers control (see below). If your booking has to be cancelled (which Croatia Camper has the right to do so), Croatia Camper will offer you the choice of an alternative motorhome or, if no suitable replacement is available, provide a full refund of amount that you have paid for your booking.
5. Events beyond our control
Unfortunately, events beyond our control occasionally affect bookings. When reference is made to such events in these Terms and Conditions, this means any event(s) or circumstance(s), which Croatia Camper could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Croatia Camper can not accept responsibility or pay any compensation, costs or expenses where the performance of your contract with Croatia Camper is prevented or affected or you otherwise suffer any loss or damage as a result of events beyond our control. This includes any delays to and/or restrictions to your hire to which you may be subject. However, if your booking has to be cancelled as a result, Croatia Camper, will of course offer you the choice of an alternative motorhome (if available) or refund as described above.
6. Suitable persons
Croatia Camper has the right to refuse to hand over a motorhome to any person who, in the reasonable opinion of Croatia Camper, is not suitable to take charge. In such cases, all hire charges paid will be refunded in full (except in the case of the client being suspected of being under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other substance that can reduce the driving ability or if there is a suspicion of criminal activity) and Croatia Camper will have no any further liability.
Please note that we can communicate in Croatian and english only and that the ability to understand our instructions when we deliver the camper to you is paramount.
The acceptance of pets in the motorhome will be by agreement. Please check before booking in which motorhomes pets are permitted. An additional charge of 75,00 Euro will be charged per hire.
Any type of smoking in the motorhome is strictly prohibited and any client found in breach of the Terms and Conditions will incur a Charge of 250,00 Euro.
9. Your responsibilities
- You must look after the vehicle and the keys to the vehicle. You must always lock the vehicle when you are not using it, and use any security device fitted to or supplied with the vehicle.
- You must always protect the vehicle against bad weather (especially the wind) which can cause damage.
- You must make sure that you use the correct fuel.
- You are responsible for any damage to the vehicle caused by hitting low level objects, such as bridges or low branches.
- You must not sell, rent or dispose of the vehicle or any of its parts. You must not give anyone any legal rights over the vehicle.
- You must not let anyone work on the vehicle without the Croatia Camper’s permission. If we give you permission, you will only receive a refund if you have a valid receipt for the work.
- You must let Croatia Camper know as soon as you become aware of a fault in the vehicle.
- You must bring the vehicle back to the place agreed, at the time agreed and remain responsible for the vehicle until this time. Croatia Camper must see the vehicle to check that it is in good condition.
- You will have to pay for repairs if:
- The vehicle needs more than our standard valeting (cleaning): – (Non Standard Valet 140,00 Euro).
- You have damaged the vehicle, inside or out.
- Before you bring back the vehicle you must check that you have not left any personal belongings in the vehicle.
- Before you bring back the vehicle it is your responsibility to check that the fridge, the freezer and cooker are as clean as when you collected the vehicle.
- You must empty the toilet cassette and waste water tank at the end of the hire period.
10. Conditions for using the vehicle
The vehicle must only be driven by you or any other driver named on the named in the rental agreement. Anyone driving the vehicle must have a full valid driving license for at least 5 years and 25 years of age. You or any other authorized driver must not:
- Use the vehicle for hire or reward;
- Use the vehicle for any illegal purpose;
- Use the vehicle for racing, pacemaking, testing the vehicle’s reliability and speed or teaching someone to drive;
- Overload the vehicle.
- Use the vehicle under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other substance that can reduce the driving abilities
It is forbidden to smoke in the vehicle as well as to transport any kind of animals. Any failure to observe such prohibition shall be fined with 250,00 €. It is forbidden to use the vehicle for illegal activities, crimes, contraventions of customs laws and other contraventions, to instruct an unlicensed person in the operation of the vehicle, to toll any other vehicles, in any sports competitions as well as to carry flammable and explosive substances, substances with strong and offensive odors.
Charges are based on Croatia Camper´s price list at the time of booking. You will be charged for:
- The rental and any other charges we work out according to this agreement.
- A charge for any loss or damage to the motorhome (even if it is accidental or not your fault) subject to the cover provided by the hire insurance.
- Any charge for loss or damage resulting from you not keeping to condition 10.
- A charge will be applied if upon return of the vehicle the Fridge Freezer or Cooker is deemed unclean – Cleaning for Fridge/Freezer or Cooker 50,00 Euro per item.
- You must empty the toilet cassette at the end of the hire period. There is a 65,00 Euro charge for un-emptied cassettes.
- A refueling service charge if you have used, and not replaced, more fuel than was supplied originally. The charge is based on the cost of the fuel plus 25,00 Euro.
- All fines and costs (including court costs) for parking, traffic or other offences, congestion charges, (including any costs which arise if the vehicle is clamped). You must pay the appropriate authority any fines and costs if and when the authority demands this payment. If you do not, you will be responsible to pay any costs and reasonable administration charges which arise when Croatia Camper deal with these matters.
- Any charges arising from Customs and Excise or Immigration Authorities seizing the vehicle, together with a loss-of-income charge while Croatia Camper cannot rent out the vehicle, if and when Croatia Camper demand this payment.
- Any published or agreed rates for delivering and collecting the vehicle.
- Interest which will be added every day to any amount you do not pay on time, at the rate of 6% a year above the base lending rate of Privredna banka Zagreb for a 1 month deposit.
- Value added tax and all other taxes on any of the charges listed above, as appropriate.
- Daily mileage included in the rental is 250 km per day (eg. for seven days hire you can drive 1750 kilometers with no extra cost; this is sufficient in most cases). If you go beyond your rental limit, we will charge 0.25 EURO per kilometer from your Security Deposit.
You are responsible for all charges, even if you have asked someone else to be responsible for them.
12. The hire insurance
The motorhome is insured for the period of the hire and a copy of the insurance policy is available from Croatia Camper´s head office on request. By signing the attached form you are accepting the conditions of the hire insurance policy.
13. What to do if you break down?
No responsibility can be accepted by Croatia Camper for any loss or damage or expense which occurs as a result of any defect or breakdown unless it is due to a proven reason of Croatia Camper´s failure to adequately maintain the motorhome in a fit state and condition. If you have any malfunction outside of Croatia, it is mandatory to inform us as soon as possible. We can provide road assistance only in Croatia, for all other countries client must organize road assistance with our cooperation. If you do breakdown you should:
- Call 112 if someone is injured
- Inform Croatia Camper immediately
- Contact the breakdown service that covers the vehicle
14. What to do if you have an accident?
No responsibility can be accepted by Croatia Camper for any loss or damage or expense, which occurs as a result of any accident. If you have an accident you must not admit responsibility to the other party. You should get the names and addresses of everyone involved, including witnesses. You should also:
- Make sure all the persons and the vehicle are secure.
- Call the police
- Tell the police straight away if anyone is injured or there is a disagreement over who is responsible; and
- Contact Croatia Camper immediately.
You must acquire an accident report and send one copy to Croatia Camper head office. The Client/Renter shall report to the Lessor/Owner problems of any kind, road accidents, and breakdowns on the road etc. so that the problem is solved together. In case of road accident, The Client/Renter shall contact the Lessor/Owner, call the police, fill in the European Motor Accident Report as well as, after returning the vehicle to the Lessor/Owner, the results of an alcohol consumption test. If the Client/Renter does not call the police and does not deliver the police report (or European Accident Report), the entire cost of the damage or loss of the rented vehicle shall be charged to the Client/Renter even if the Client/Renter is not responsible for the occurred damaging event.
15. Roof, windscreens and tyres
You are responsible for any roof or overhead damage as well as any damage to windscreens and windows, punctures or other damage to tyres during the period of the hire. Where possible it should be repaired or replaced as appropriate and paid for by you at the time. You should contact Croatia Camper to seek instructions before carrying out the repair.
16. The liability of the lessor/owner
In the event of force majeure, if the vehicle is not functional or usable, another period can be agreed upon or the entire paid fee shall be returned. Croatia Camper will not be liable for any other damages/obligations in connection to such cancellation of reservation. The Lessor/Owner is entitled to check the state of the vehicle at any given moment as well as to take over the vehicle immediately if the Client/Renter breaches any of the provisions of this agreement. In the event of a breakdown of the vehicle or of any part of the body section, the Lessor/Owner will do everything possible to eliminate the breakdown within 24 hours but, if the repairing is not possible, the Lessor/Owner shall not be liable for damages that could be suffered by the Client/Renter due to the damages on/inside the vehicle. In case of crash accident caused by the Client/Renter, the Lessor/Owner has no obligation to give to the Client/Renter a replacement vehicle or give a refund for the rental days that were not used. In case the accident was caused by a third person and if the vehicle is no longer in a functional state, the Lesson/Owner will try to find a similar replacement vehicle within 24 hours. If this is not possible, the Lessor/Owner shall return the amount of money representing the unused days of rental and the Damage Deposit but only after receiving the police report stating that the accident was not the fault of the Client/Lessor.
17. The liability of the client/renter
The Client/Renter must make sure that every time he/she leaves the vehicle it is locked and that the documents are with the Client/Renter or in a safe place but are not, under any circumstances, in the vehicle!!! The Client/Renter is responsible for handling the vehicle with care and maintaining it tidy! During the rental period the Client/Renter must check the level to which WC cassette is full, fluid level in the motor and pressure in the tires, and without delay announce the Lessor/Owner about any discovered flaw or breakdown, as well as about any unforeseeable danger that can menace the vehicle. The Client/Renter shall not load the vehicle beyond its rated capacity. The Client/Renter shall not change any parts, circuits or devices in/on the vehicle without written consent from the Lessor/Owner. The Client/Renter is liable for all damage, in or on the vehicle, as well as for all contraventions of road traffic laws. The Client/Renter shall not operate the vehicle under the influence of alcohol, narcotics, sedatives or medications. Any expenses related to parking, contraventions of road traffic laws, highway tolls etc. shall be borne by Client/Renter. In the event that the insurance company refuses to cover the damage occurred by the Client/Renter’s fault, it shall be borne by the Client/Renter entirely. The Client/Renter shall fill the tank with appropriate fuel, EURODIESEL BS. In the event that the wrong fuel is put in the vehicle or in the event of a breakdown of the motor, chassis or of the body of the vehicle that was caused in any other way by the Client/Renter, the Client/Renter shall bear the entire cost of repairing the damaged vehicle as well as other expenses caused to the Lessor/Owner by damaging the vehicle including loss of future rental of said vehicle according to the valid pricelist but not more than the fee calculated for a 30-day rental. In the event of any kind of damage (breakdown) the Client/Renter shall immediately report it to the Lessor/Owner as well as to the police, complete the European Motor Accident Report and deliver to the Lessor/Owner its record together with the results of the alcohol consumption test. In the case of tire failure, the client is obliged to notify the owner of the event, and in agreement with the owner to change a tire (be sure to put the same model / type of tires), but the overall cost is passed on to the client. In case the Client/Renter does not deliver the European Accident Report and an alcohol test report, the Lessor/Owner has the right to keep the entire amount of the Damage Deposit for up to 8 months, and only then calculate the damage and refund the remainder of the Damage Deposit! The Client/Renter shall not leave the broken or damaged vehicle without supervision and unsecured. By signing this agreement, the Client/Renter commits to covering to the Lessor/Owner all costs and paying for whatever damage occurred as a result of irresponsible and reckless handling of the vehicle up to the full market value of the vehicle that the Client/Renter rented. In the event of breakdown or accident, the Client/Renter is not entitled to rent any means of transport at the expense of the Lessor/Owner (rent-a-car, bus, plane, taxi and so on.) In the event of the theft of the vehicle caused by the client’s negligence or any other circumstance which make it impossible to the Client/Renter to return the vehicle at the arranged time and it is caused by negligence, the Client/Renter, at the request of the Lessor/Owner, shall pay for the entire value of a new vehicle according to the price of the authorized dealer for that type of vehicle as well as cover loss of future rentals due to the absence of the said vehicle according to the valid pricelist but not more than the fee calculated for a 30-day rental.
18. Governing law
All conflicts that cannot be amicably solved between the Lessor/Owner and the Client/Renter will be referred to the competent authority which is the Court in Split.